ABOUT THE OWNER
My name is Ted Karter, owner of SoundProof Entertainment. I always had a love for music beginning when I was a little kid. At 16, I was able to host my own radio program at a local college station. When I was asked to DJ for my High School dance I had no idea what I was doing but I still said, YES! I was able to track down some large speakers and an amplifier, but I didn't even know what a DJ mixer was! I had to use the toggle switch between "CD" and "Tape" on the amplifier to switch between songs. Despite not knowing a thing about equipment I was told by many of my peers that it was THE BEST dance they had ever been to and I was asked to do more. That's when the fire was lit to get in to live DJing!
I was a Communication major at Cleveland State University and became an on-air radio broadcaster for 7 years. During this time I worked my way through the Cleveland nightclub and bar scene.
HOW DOES THE PROCESS WORK?
1. After you reach out to us we encourage personal consultations to help us gain a clear understanding of your expectations and needs. We'll customize your event so it's exactly what you want it to be.
2. When you're ready to book us, just let us know. We'll get some information from you to generate a digital contract and email it. No need to print anything, just digitally sign!
3. That email will also have instructions on how to submit your retainer. After that is done, you can make payments whenever you wish provided your balance is paid by two weeks from your event date.
4. When you choose SoundProof Entertainment, you'll receive a unique login account for the client area of our website.
You will be able to:
Browse our music library
Submit song requests
Create an event itinerary
Make a payment
Communicate details about your event
Complete a Satisfaction Survey
5. After using our simple online planning tools, you will meet with your DJ about a month or so from your event. We'll discuss the order of events, name pronunciations, song and music choices, and any other special details that may be involved.
6. On the BIG DAY we'll act as MC and coordinator. You don't even need to bring a watch! We'll let your guests know what's happening as the night goes on and we'll check in with you and other vendors before each spotlight event. Once open dance begins we'll do everything we can to keep that dancefloor full and your guests having a great time!
7. We will always be available to you from day one. If you need help with planning, music selections, or any wedding organization our knowledge will be at your service. Our DJs are music fans first and are passionate about their work. Your DJ will answer any song selection questions you have and give you any suggestions when needed.
Scenes from behind the DJ Booth!
Here are some candid shots taken from our perspective...
Over the years I've been a resident or guest DJ at notable venues such as Metropolis (Trilogy), The Phantasy, Smart Bar, The Odeon, House of Blues, Peabody’s, The Garage, View Ultra-lounge, The Grid, Uptown (Bowling Green), and I've headlined events in Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Columbus, and Detroit.
Using skills learned as a club DJ and microphone techniques practiced over many years while announcing on radio, I found my calling when I DJ’d his first wedding 20 years ago. I've come a LONG way from my humble beginning with a tape deck and CD player! At SoundProof Entertainment we only use high end equipment but my passion for DJing is as strong as it ever was. I've since DJ'd hundreds of weddings and receptions. I've used my extensive music knowledge, mixing ability, and experience to provide versatility while catering to individual clients, crowds, and unexpected situations.
SoundProof Entertainment sets itself apart by having DJs that have found the balance between classic and contemporary, modern and traditional. Our DJ's are as passionate about music and making people dance as I am. We’re the entertainment company to turn to if you’re looking for confidence and experience, planning assistance, elegant ceremonies, classy cocktail hours, feel-good dinner music, and rocking dance floors!